Wednesday, October 20

Grandma Joyce & Grandpa Tom (are your pets your furbabies?)

woof woof, hello. 

I'm an only child & do not have any children of my own, by choice.  But that is not totally true because I have my dear little furbaby Elvis Lee. 

My parents, Joyce & Tom, have never been "dog people" & my father and I are both allergic to cats as well as some dogs.  When I got my Elvis (my first furbaby) they were a bit apprehsive. They live next door to us and I got comments like, "don't bring that dog over to our house" and "don't let him shit on the lawn".  Wouldn't you know, my baby Elvis has totally changed their minds about dogs. 

Elvis has such a charasmatic personality, everyone who meets him falls in love with him.  He's not a "one person dog", he loves everybody. Within 6 months my parents became "Grandma" and "Grandpa".  They now stop, pet and feed treats to every dog in the neighborhood.  If they are out & about and they see a dog, they stop to give the furbaby a pet.  It's amazing how one little 13 lb Maltipoo has completely reversed their view on dogs. 

Not only do they love him & shower him with affection, they look forward to "babysitting" him, and "sleepovers".  They now believe dogs have souls and go to heaven.  If they don't see him for 24 hours, they call me up & say "can we come visit Elvis?". Hey, what about me?  Don't you want to visit your daughter?  lol Elvis gets all their attention & kisses when they arrive.  A few minutes later, I get a hug and a kiss.  I'm okay with that.  It makes my heart so very happy that my parents love my little boy.  He's part of our family, now...forever...always. 

In your family, are your pets your furbabies?

4 comments:

  1. What a cute story! I want a dog super bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, furbabies.....all of them have been our kids for a long time. My siblings all have or recently had dogs. Mom and Dad are very old and are not allowed to have a dog any more. Too much work and the dog ends up suffering. So they enjoy their furgrandbabies very much. We are happy they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the replies !! furbabies are the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Bridget,

    So glad I found your blog. This post is an EXACT COPY of what happened when I got my little Brighton Super Yorkie. Every single sentence was almost IDENTICAL. SO weird! Brighton is my little boy, we have no kids - by choice - either. My parents live a mile away, were not "dog people" but Brighton changed their views and their lives. Just like little Elvis Lee.

    Check out Brighton's blog here:http://www.blog.superbry.com/

    His website:
    www.superbry.com

    ALOHA!!

    ReplyDelete

woof woof ruff. Thank you for commenting. We love reading what you have to say.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test
Powered By Blogger